Hey guys and ghouls! I’ve been out of town on guild business, then stuck due to Sandy. However, happy November 1st! Video update coming tonight. :)
And what a weekend it was! I played a lot of WoW, did a lot of friend/family things (some good, some bad), inevitably had to cancel some obligations due to the bad things, and Myth had some raid progress. Let’s list, shall we?
- First and foremost, Myth is now 3/6.
- We 2-healed Gara’jal. (Resto Shammy and Holy Paladin)
- Sadly, we were SO close on Spirit Kings… but we ran out of raid time.
- I leveled my baby Alliance monk to 30.
- I will be Revered with SP as of tonight.
- I’m still a long ways off from AC, but whatever.
- I still have yet to touch the Klaxxi.
- And I do not plan to go to Exalted with any of these reputations anytime soon. I don’t care if there is a 489 item at the end of the rep rainbows. I’ll take my chances with loot.
- Speaking of loot, I didn’t get anything this week. Okay, I used a coin in LFR and I got 476 gloves. COIN USE DOES NOT COUNT. But I am 3/7 for coins. 489 belt, 476 ring, 476 gloves to date from coins.
- Myth did get two of the plate DPS trash trinkets to drop and some pretty patterns.
- The guildies stayed with me again on Saturday night as a break in their trek back home.
- I felt bad for playing WoW while they were here, but they are fellow raiders- they understood. At least, I hope they did.
- And we’re 4 days away from our Guild Party Weekend in GA! I couldn’t be more excited.
All of that aside, I have even bigger and better news to tell you about. If you follow my Twitter, you probably know what I am about to say…
I’m really excited about this. For a few reasons:
- I’ve had a girl crush on Morynne from back when I was raiding as an MM Hunter eons ago. So, getting to work on this with her is a big treat for me. (Please note: she’s the only blogger on that list that picked up the meme! Foreshadowing? Life, you’re so funny.)
- I’ll have a focused outlet for makeup, self love, and fitness all with a splash of gaming.
- There’s not really any communities for female gamers to be women and girly. There’s communities for girl gamers, just not with the “glamorous” focus.
- Did I mention it’s a community? Sure there will be some primary contributors, but the real life of the party will be the comments and the forums.
The official launch is 1 November and I’ll be posting again on launch day.
However, if you’re interested in being a part of what will no doubt be an amazing group— go sign-up.
If you’re interested in being a contributor— message Morynne.
If you just want to be supportive and help nurture this baby and watch it grow— well, get yourself on the mailing list.
Heck, if you just want to continue to keep your glamorousness closeted, but want to lurk— bookmark the site!
I’ll keep you posted as we get closer.
I think I am back in the rhythm of life. Albeit, with a lot less sleep than the last few months leading up to the xpac. Oh well, that’s to be expected if I want to get anything done. And soon, the dailies and the required things to finish each week will scale back with gear and boss kills. Then I can go back to 8 hours/night.
Let’s recap the week that was, shall we?
- RNG hates me. Out of 6 coins that I’ve used, I’ve only won twice. Okay, so the odds aren’t THAT bad. Loot off the actual bosses is a whole other story though.
- LFR was ROFLCOPTERtastic. I got a ring though. (Thanks to a coin.)
- No Galleon kill this week. So, I need to make sure I keep an eye out for him this upcoming week.
- Killed Sha a few times. I like the healing practice (and showing off, I won’t lie), but no gear. even with blowing a coin.
- Myth went 2/6 in Mogu’shan Vaults.
- We’re pretty solid on The Stone Guard, Feng is also much smoother now. and the gear check that is Gara’jal has slapped us in the face.
- We have the fight mechanics down, but our DPS are not putting up the proper numbers and each of the healers have their own healing homework to do prior to kicking his ass this upcoming weekend.
So, this week is for gearing up our raiders so we can push through to Elegon. I hope we get 3/6 down on Saturday. A bit selfish, I know, but Sunday I’ll be out because I am going to see Say Anything and Murder by Death. Be jealous.
Anyway, I’m working on finishing some guides.
I hope you’ll enjoy them!
Early Weekend Recap! This is to make up for the two I’ve missed since Pandaland Launch. And sadly, it’s not going to be very long. Do know this much:
- I love the pandas.
- Pandaria is beautiful!
- The Tillers is an amazing faction.
- I’m excited to be progression raiding again.
- And I really want to rant right now, but I don’t want my blog to be all rants.
So, I’m going to take this time to post screenshots and footage that I took which I intended to make a Diary of Hadz’s Pandaland Launch video, but then just got sucked into Pandaria and never made it. Enjoy the next 24 hours of quick posts!
Happy Tuesday, Healer Fans! With every Tuesday comes my Weekend Recap.
Last week was fun doing a vlog format, but this week I wanted to get back to the writing. A) It’s good for the soul and B) I’m stuck at work late waiting out traffic… so… I can’t really record a video with my spare time, but I can write up a post! And bonus, it makes me sound and look busy to unbeknownst passerbys.
What happened during my adventures in Azeroth this past week…
Well, not a whole lot.
This post isn’t even going to warrant its normal bulletized format because the highlight of my time in Azeroth was spent drunk on Skype Friday evening with my amazing guildmates and even a new friend I’ve made through Twitterville. I think Joe was intrigued by our oddness. Errr… mainly my oddness.
But other than making a fool of myself and vaguely remembering my Friday evening, I was able to go harass the amazing Lodur (Of World of Matticus, For The Lore, and WoW Insider fame) on his home server. That was a ton of fun.
That visit also inspired me to get the following PvP pieces for my shaman so she could be wearing my favorite colors- OF- ALL- TIME.
Aside from harassing people, I recorded a bunch of in-game footage for my upcoming tutorials… that I keep saying I’ll post… “soon”… but then keep putting them off to make more edits… AKA being too chicken to post them.
Let’s face it, I’m no theorycrafter or number cruncher like the great Vixsin of Life in Group 5, but I do love restoration shamans and I know how to play the spec very well. I just don’t do the math to back my rotation, talent, and glyph decisions up. I do admit to reading and digesting other shaman’s reports to help me make my decisions. It’s actually kind of what I do in my day job. I take crazy reports and technical ideas and I massage the information into something that someone without an engineering or technical background can understand.
So, whenever I get the cojones to post up my tutorials—that’s what I’ll strive to do. Make shaman healing understandable to the average Joe or Jane.
</End worrisome rant. >
Other than worrying about what people would think of my tutorials, I started toying with the idea of moving my holy paladin and holy priest to the Alliance so I would be able to play with some of my Twitter friends I’ve made on their Alliance toons. I’m still debating because that’s a lot of real world money to plunk down. Especially, because it’ll cause an OCD chain reaction of race changes on my Horde toons.
Remember folks (or a note to newer readers), my character names all have to be very unique. I also twitch when I have multiple characters of the same race. Drives me CRAZY. I’m weird, I know.
Speaking of my weirdness, I should go figure out what sort of chain reaction moving my two toons over would cause.
I’m actually posting on Monday! But that’s because it’s Labor Day and I had most of the day off. I say most of the day because there was a lot of real life things I didn’t finish professionally or personally due to a whole lot of shit life decided to throw at me last week. Let’s recap?
- Monday Night - I come home to a broken water heater and stopped up AC drain. Que me frantically moving my desk and computer away from the affected area. Que the phone call to facilities. Que the emergency maintenance folks working until about 12AM to figure things out.
- Tuesday - 5.0.4 drops, but I don’t get to play. However, I did get to take a half day from work so they could replace my water heater. My apartment remains destroyed because all the furniture is crammed in my living room to keep it off the soaking wet carpet in my office/dining area. They lift the carpet and put a noisy fan under it to help dry things out. Estimated time of normalcy they say is Thursday. *groans*
- Wednesday - Jonsing to play WoW or GW2 because well… new there’s stuff to play with, but alas no computer to play it on. So, Wednesday night I just eat dinner, go running and go to bed super early. Then… at 11PM, I get a very disturbing phone call. And let’s just say… I can’t concentrate on anything anymore except that phone call. (If you follow my personal FB or Twitter, you’ll have an idea of what I went through.)
- Thursday - Is one of the craziest days I’ve ever had at work in a long time and sadly my mind just couldn’t stay focused. Between the water damage in my apartment, that disturbing late night phone call, my mind just couldn’t keep focused or really appreciate what was happening at my office. (It was one of those super crazy busy, but in a good progressive way.)
- Friday - I wake up head to work. My apartment is still not back in order, but when I got home from work it was. YAY! Unfortunately, I came home from work to walk my dogs then headed to band practice. (I did sneak my furniture and computer back into place.)
- Saturday - My big personal dilemma that stemmed from the Wednesday night phone call semi-resolved around 9AM. Then I proceeded to sleep until like 1PM. Then… I finally got to play WoW. The skies parted and the angels started singing I swear…
Basically, Saturday through today I’ve just been catching up on everything I didn’t do during the week. Chores. Redoing my UI. Speccing my toons. Practicing my new rotations. Then raiding.
My thoughts and impressions on 5.0.4 and the class changes are good ones. The only sad note is that I really need to fix my bars for my DPS specs, since the rotations have changed slightly. I was failing hardcore at them.
Healing was fine though. I’m actually a fan of the fixed mana. Admittedly, I like the changes more on my Shaman than my Druid. That’s because I got some new toys that I have been very excited about. That Healing Tide Totem is amazing.
Speaking of in-game things, I need to log in and take some UI screenshots for my incoming UI overview. Catch y’all later in the week.
Well, I was going to do some in-game maintenance stuff. Instead my water heater decided to break. So, all evening has been spent disassembling my office to get all my precious electronics away from all the water. Then having the emergency maintenance guys show up to diagnose the problem. An hour of water pumping later everything is stabilized, but they’ll be back tomorrow morning to actually put in a new water heater and in the mean time… I have no water. YAY.
Hopefully, I have my office back in order by tomorrow night so I can poke around on 5.0.4. Maybe? Please?
Tomorrow is the day that at least a few wrenches get thrown at every class. Some classes will get a lot of wrenches though.
Luckily, neither of my beloved restos have too many to worry about. At the heart of the changes to glyphs and talents, not too mention the change in the mana system… my babies will still pretty much play the same.
Since I won’t be raiding with Myth on my resto druid come Pandaland, my focus the next month or so will be getting used to the changes on my resto shaman. Because she will be the toon I am raiding on come Pandaland. And won’t she look smashing in her T14 normal set? CAN’T. WAIT.
You’ve already seen my preliminary choices for glyphs and talents come patch day. I’ve already tweaked my initial thoughts a bit about them, but ya know what? That’s why they are switching to these new systems. To make you change out your glyphs and talents based on fight mechanics or play styles. To think make you think, “Hm… well, I need a damage reduction cool down in this fight.” Or… “Dude, I’ll need to be able to move my totems between the melee and ranged groups for this fight.” To make it so not one set-up is more superior to someone else’s. Although, there are a few no brainers.
Tonight I am going to clean up my add-ons, then turn them all off until sometime after the patch when it seems like I’ve gotten updated versions. Most of this week I will spend reorganizing my action bars and hotkeys to adjust to the new totem tatics. Well, not necessarily new, but the fact that all of them will be situational and have some sort of CD. On beta I never got around to keybinding them, but this week… I have a date with macros and keybinds.
Aside from the slightly changed up rotation and more “totem-tools” to worry about, mana management and regen are at the forefront of my concern…
But we’ve all evolved and adapted to changes before. We’ll do it again.